Basic Wellness Screenings are offered by one of our nurses at off site clinics throughout each month:
- Hanover Township Senior Center - Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (by appointment)
- Hanover Township Izaak Walton Center & Reserve - Tuesdays ONLY 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (by appointment)
- Astor Avenue Community Center - Fridays ONLY 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (by appointment)
- Glendale Terrace Apartments - 2nd Thursday of each month 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Victory Centre of Bartlett - 3rd Thursday of each month 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Please contact the Office of Community Health directly at (630) 483-5665 to schedule an appointment.
Izaak Walton Center & ReserveAmenities:
- Community Health Nurse
- General/Emergency Assistance
- Senior Programming
- Utility/Rental Assistance
- Veterans' Services
- Buildings & Offices
- Nursing Services
Office Hours: M - F 8:30AM to 4:30PM
Reserve Hours: Closes at dusk
Located on Elgin's east side in Cook County, this 11 acre property was gifted to Hanover Township in March of 2013 by the Izaak Walton League of America, Elgin Chapter. Willow and Poplar Creeks merge together at the north end of the property and flows south under U.S. 20/Lake Street to the Fox River. 3 acres of mostly cleared property exist on the west side of the creek with a parking lot, 3,300 square foot lodge with access to Poplar Creek. 8 acres of mostly undeveloped, wooded property are on the east side of the creek.
Please click here to read a story on the property transfer to Hanover Township.
For questions about the Hanover Township Izaak Walton Center and Reserve, or to reserve the lodge for a community function, please call (847) 888-8329.
Please click here for a copy of the English Izaak Walton Center & Reserve flyer.
Please click here for a copy of the Spanish Izaak Walton Center & Reserve flyer.
Office of Community Health
Visit a Hanover Township Nurse at the Hanover Township Izaak Walton Center & Reserve is located in Elgin. A nurse will be at the center EVERY Tuesday from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM.
A nurse will see clients for Wellness Screenings, health education and medication review, and assess clients as needed.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (630) 483-5665.