October 31st will be the last day for the After School Snack Program through the Northern Illinois Food Bank.
*** HOLIDAY APPLICATIONS***** 2014 Sponsor-a-Family & Toy Drive programs will begin on Wednesday, October 1, 2014. Applications are accepted on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. Must be signed in before 10:30 am. Must bring Valid Id, Utility Bill dated within last 30 days, Birth Certificates for children 0-15 years, Income covering last 30 days prior to date of application. Additional items may be required to determine eligibility.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SPONSORING A FAMILY FOR THE UPCOMING HOLIDAY SEASON, PLEASE CONTACT US AT 630.540.9085 FOR DETAILS.
Halloween Pizza Party at Astor Avenue Community Center, 7431 Astor Ave., Hanover Park!! Join us from 3:00 - 4:40 pm on Thursday, October 30, 2014 for Pizza, Crafts, Treats and More!!! Wear your Costume!!!! Please contact 630.540.9085 with any questions!
We will begin collecting toys for our annual Toy Drive the first week of November. Toy Collection Boxes will be placed at various locations throughout the township or can be dropped off at all Hanover Township Offices. Please consider donating a toy this holiday season for a child in need!! Following is a list of drop off locations:
Toy Box Collection Sites:
· American Chartered Bank, 388 Main Street, Bartlett
· Banbury Fair, 211 Railroad Ave, Bartlett
· Bartlett Public Library, 800 South Bartlett Road, Bartlett
· Village of Bartlett, 228 S. Main Street, Bartlett
· Bartlett Park District, 700 S. Bartlett Road, Bartlett
· Bannerman’s, 858 S. Route 59, Bartlett
· Raymond James Realty, 820 W. Bartlett Road, Bartlett
· Immanuel United Church, 1500 Old Church Rd., Streamwood
· Hanover Township Senior Center, 240 S. Route 59, Bartlett
· Hanover Township Admin. Bldg., 250 S. Route 59, Bartlett
· Hanover Township Izaak Walton Center, 899 Jay Street, Elgin
· Streamwood Village Hall, 301 E. Irving Park Rd., Streamwood
· Park Place, 550 S. Park Blvd, Streamwood
· Poplar Creek Library, 1405 South Park Ave, Streamwood
· Associated Bank, 200 West Bartlett Ave, Bartlett
· Village of Hanover Park, 2121 W. Lake Street, Hanover Park
· Hanover Park Park District, 1919 Walnut Ave., Hanover Park
· Menards, 900 Irving Park Road, Hanover Park
· Walgreens, 7350 Barrington Rd., Hanover Park
· Walgreens, 13 E. Irving Park Rd., Streamwood
· Walgreens, 5500 County Farm Rd., Hanover Park
· Walgreens, 2040 Army Trail Rd., Hanover Park
· Prairieview Elementary, 285 Mayflower Ln., Bartlett
· The Goddard School, 92 Stratford Dr., Bloomingdale
· Victory Centre, 1101 W. Bartlett Rd, Bartlett
· Safari Childcare, 1970 Army Trail Road, Hanover Park
Did you know that a $16.00 donation helps buy a meal box to feed a family of 4? Help feed a family this holiday season by donating to the Hanover Township Foundation for a Thanksgiving or Christmas Meal Box!
The Nurse is now on location at the Astor Avenue Office on Friday's. Please call for an appointment at 630.540.9085 or 630.483.5665. Walk-in Welcome.
2014/2015 NEW LIHEAP APPOINTMENTS WILL BE AVAILABLE BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER
Beginning September 2014 the LIHEAP Program will open for Seniors,Disabled or families that are shut-off. October will open to families with children under the age of 6 and November will open for everyone else. Please call 630.540.9085 for an appointment and verify income requirments for this program. Appointments Only!! No Walk-Ins.
ACCESS TO CARE APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE!
The Access to Care program is now is accepting applications!
Access to Care is a non-profit primary health care program for low-income, uninsured residents of Suburban Cook County and Northwest Chicago. To be eligible to join the program a person must: 1. Live in Suburban Cook County or the Chicago demonstrated area. 2. Have a family income under 150% of the federal poverty level. 3. Be ineligible for Medicare, Medicaid, All Kids Program and have no private health insurance.
CEDA EMERGENCY RELIEF COUNSELOR WILL BE AT THE ASTOR AVENUE COMMUNITY CENTER MOST THURSDAY'S TO ASSIST WITH DENTAL AND AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS. PLEASE CALL CEDA DIRECTLY at 312.459.7028 FOR APPOINTMENT, Days and Times subject to change.
The Hanover Township Foundation needs your help!
Donations are needed to continue to serve our residents facing financial hardship.
Your tax deductible donation can be sent to:
Hanover Township Foundation c/o Hanover Township Astor Avenue Community Center
7431 Astor Avenue, Hanover Park, IL 60133.