Hanover Township Employment Services Job Club!! Monday, December 2nd, Job Search and Networking. Kathleen Canfield, Director Career Center, Harper College will be presenting. Registration Preferred, 630.540.9085, Sean Grimes, Walk-Ins Welcome.
PLEASE NOTE, THE 1ST MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH EMPLOYMENT SERVICES WILL BE HOSTING WORKSHOPS AND THE 3RD MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH EMPLOYMENT SERVICES WILL BE HOSTING JOB CLUBS FROM 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM IN DOWNEY HALL, 250 S. ROUTE 59 IN BARTLETT. PRE-REGISTRATION IS PREFERRED, 630.540.9085, WALK-INS ARE WELCOME.
After School Snack Program at Astor Avenue Community Center!! Northern Illinois Food Bank and Hanover Township will be providing a healthy after school snack program where children can receive a after school snack every day at the Astor Avenue Community Center Monday - Friday from 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm beginning on Monday, September 9, 2013.
Hanover Township Foundation 2013 Toy Drive Applications will ooen again on Wednesday, December 4th. Applications will be accepted at the Astor Avenue Community Center on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's from 9:00 am - 11:00 am. Last day to register is Friday, December 20th. Must be signed in by 10:30 am. Required Items: Valid ID,Utility Bill in the last 30 days, Birth Cert. for kids 0-15 yrs or DHS Medical Card, Income covering last 30 days. Additonal items may be required to determine eligibility. call 630.540.9085 with any questions.
Astor Holiday Party!! Friday December 13th from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm at Hanover Township Community Center, 7431 Astor Avenue, Hanover Park, IL. Please join us for food, games, crafts and see Santa!!!!!! Hope to see you there!
Holiday Meal Boxes!!! Thursday, December 19th beginning at 10:00 am While Supplies last. Location: St. John's the Evangelist Church, 502 S. Park Blvd., Streamwood, IL. Please bring your ID or Food Pantry Card. One Meal Box per household.
The Nurse is now on location at the Astor Avenue Office on Friday's. Please call for an appointment at 630.540.9085 or 630.483.5665. Walk-in Welcome.
LIHEAP APPOINTMENTS WILL BE AVAILABLE BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER!
September 3rd the LIHEAP Program will open for Seniors,Disabled or families that are shut-off. October 1st will open to families with children under the age of 6 and November 1st will open for everyone else. Please call 630.540.9085 for an appointment and verify income requirments for this program. Appointments Only!! No Walk-Ins.
Toy Drive!! Please bring joy to a child in need during this upcoming holiday season. The following sites will be accepting Toy Donations. During the first week of November, Donation Boxes will be placed at the following locations:
Toy Box Collection Sites:
• American Chartered Bank, 388 Main Street, Bartlett
• Banbury Fair, 211 Railroad Ave, Bartlett
• Bartlett Public Library, 800 South Bartlett Road, Bartlett
• Village of Bartlett, 228 S. Main Street, Bartlett
• Bartlett Park District, 700 S. Bartlett Road, Bartlett
• Bannerman’s, 858 S. Route 59, Bartlett
• Raymond James Realty, 820 W. Bartlett Road, Bartlett
• Immanuel United Church, 1500 Old Church Rd., Streamwood
• Hanover Township Senior Center, 240 S. Route 59, Bartlett
• Hanover Township Admin. Bldg., 250 S. Route 59, Bartlett
• Streamwood Village Hall, 301 E. Irving Park Rd., Streamwood
• Park Place, 550 S. Park Blvd, Streamwood
• Poplar Creek Library, 1405 South Park Ave, Streamwood
• Associated Bank, 200 West Bartlett Ave, Bartlett
• Village of Hanover Park, 2121 W. Lake Street, Hanover Park
• Hanover Park Park District, 1919 Walnut Ave., Hanover Park
• Menards, 900 Irving Park Road, Hanover Park
• Walgreens, 7350 Barrington Rd., Hanover Park
• Walgreens, 13 E. Irving Park Rd., Streamwood
• Walgreens, 5500 County Farm Rd., Hanover Park
• Walgreens, 2040 Army Trail Rd., Hanover Park
• Prairieview Elementary, 285 Mayflower Ln., Bartlett
• The Goddard School, 92 Stratford Dr., Bartlett
• Victory Centre, 1101 W. Bartlett Rd, Bartlett
ACCESS TO CARE APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE!
The Access to Care program is now is accepting applications!
Access to Care is a non-profit primary health care program for low-income, uninsured residents of Suburban Cook County and Northwest Chicago. To be eligible to join the program a person must: 1. Live in Suburban Cook County or the Chicago demonstrated area. 2. Have a family income under 150% of the federal poverty level. 3. Be ineligible for Medicare, Medicaid, All Kids Program and have no private health insurance.
CEDA EMERGENCY RELIEF COUNSELOR WILL BE AT THE ASTOR AVENUE COMMUNITY CENTER ON THURSDAY'S. PLEASE CALL 630.540.9085 FOR APPOINTMENT.
The Hanover Township Foundation needs your help!
Donations are needed to continue to serve our residents facing financial hardship.
Your tax deductible donation can be sent to:
Hanover Township Foundation c/o Hanover Township Astor Avenue Community Center
7431 Astor Avenue, Hanover Park, IL 60133.