We are pleased to announce nominations for the 2015 "Hanover Township Supervisor's Annual Community Service Awards" program are now being accepted. This program is designed to recognize organizations and individuals who volunteer time to make Hanover Township an outstanding place to live, work, and raise a family. Recipients are selected by a committee of dedicated volunteers from the community. The 2014-2015 Committee Members include: Linda Best - Chairperson, Mike Dexter, Lori Ann Airdo, Lorrie Glaser, and Lee Beattie.
One recipient from each of the six categories will be selected and honored at a banquet in April of 2015.
2015 Annual Community Service Awards Categories:
- Adult Volunteer (18 years or older) Service Award
- Business Community Service Award
- Youth (under 18 years old) Volunteer Service Award
- Senior Volunteer Service Award
- Service Club/Organization
- Supervisor's Choice
Candidates will be Judged on Three Qualities:
If you would like to nominiate someone, please click here for application.
*** HOLIDAY APPLICATIONS***** Applications are accepted on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
Sponsor a Family applications will be ending on Friday, November 14, 2014. Toy Drive applications will be taken through Friday, December 12, 2014. Must be signed in before 10:30 am. Must bring Valid ID, Utility Bill dated within last 30 days, Birth Certificates for children 0-15 years, Income covering last 30 days prior to date of application. Additional items may be required to determine eligibility.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SPONSORING A FAMILY FOR THE UPCOMING HOLIDAY SEASON, PLEASE CONTACT US AT 630.540.9085 FOR DETAILS.
HOLIDAY MEALBOXES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 22ND BEGINNING AT 10:00 AM WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. LOCATION***ST. JOHN'S CHURCH, 502 S. PARK BLVD., STREAMWOOD. MUST BE TOWNSHIP RESIDENT, PLEASE BRING VALID ID OR FOOD PANTRY CARD. PLEASE NOTE***** ASTOR AVENUE OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED AND WILL OPEN AT 2:00 PM. FOOD PANTRY WILL BE CLOSED THIS DAY DUE TO MEALBOX GIVEAWAY.
We will begin collecting toys for our annual Toy Drive the first week of November. Toy Collection Boxes will be placed at various locations throughout the township or toys can be dropped off at all Hanover Township Offices. Please consider donating a toy this holiday season for a child in need!! Following is a list of drop off locations:
Toy Box Collection Sites:
· American Chartered Bank, 388 Main Street, Bartlett
· Banbury Fair, 211 Railroad Ave, Bartlett
· Bartlett Public Library, 800 South Bartlett Road, Bartlett
· Village of Bartlett, 228 S. Main Street, Bartlett
· Bartlett Park District, 700 S. Bartlett Road, Bartlett
· Bannerman’s, 858 S. Route 59, Bartlett
· Raymond James Realty, 820 W. Bartlett Road, Bartlett
· Immanuel United Church, 1500 Old Church Rd., Streamwood
· Hanover Township Senior Center, 240 S. Route 59, Bartlett
· Hanover Township Admin. Bldg., 250 S. Route 59, Bartlett
· Hanover Township Izaak Walton Center, 899 Jay Street, Elgin
· Streamwood Village Hall, 301 E. Irving Park Rd., Streamwood
· Park Place, 550 S. Park Blvd, Streamwood
· Poplar Creek Library, 1405 South Park Ave, Streamwood
· Associated Bank, 200 West Bartlett Ave, Bartlett
· Village of Hanover Park, 2121 W. Lake Street, Hanover Park
· Hanover Park Park District, 1919 Walnut Ave., Hanover Park
· Menards, 900 Irving Park Road, Hanover Park
· Walgreens, 7350 Barrington Rd., Hanover Park
· Walgreens, 13 E. Irving Park Rd., Streamwood
· Walgreens, 5500 County Farm Rd., Hanover Park
· Walgreens, 2040 Army Trail Rd., Hanover Park
· Prairieview Elementary, 285 Mayflower Ln., Bartlett
· The Goddard School, 92 Stratford Dr., Bloomingdale
· Victory Centre, 1101 W. Bartlett Rd, Bartlett
· Safari Childcare, 1970 Army Trail Road, Hanover Park
Did you know that a $16.00 donation helps buy a meal box to feed a family of 4? Help feed a family this holiday season by donating to the Hanover Township Foundation for a Thanksgiving or Christmas Meal Box!
The Nurse is now on location at the Astor Avenue Office on Friday's. Please call for an appointment at 630.540.9085 or 630.483.5665. Walk-in Welcome.
2014/2015 NEW LIHEAP APPOINTMENTS WILL BE AVAILABLE BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER
Beginning September 2014 the LIHEAP Program will open for Seniors, Disabled, or families that are shut-off. October will open to families with children under the age of 6 and November will open for everyone else. Please call 630.540.9085 for an appointment and verify income requirments for this program. Appointments Only!! No Walk-Ins.
ACCESS TO CARE APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE!
The Access to Care program is now is accepting applications!
Access to Care is a non-profit primary health care program for low-income, uninsured residents of Suburban Cook County and Northwest Chicago. To be eligible to join the program a person must: 1. Live in Suburban Cook County or the Chicago demonstrated area. 2. Have a family income under 150% of the federal poverty level. 3. Be ineligible for Medicare, Medicaid, All Kids Program and have no private health insurance.
The Hanover Township Foundation needs your help!
Donations are needed to continue to serve our residents facing financial hardship.
Your tax deductible donation can be sent to:
Hanover Township Foundation c/o Hanover Township Astor Avenue Community Center
7431 Astor Avenue, Hanover Park, IL 60133.