Our Social Services staff assists Hanover Township residents with many programs and links them with services to promote independence and a sense of well-being. Social Services Caseworkers assist clients, according to last name. Please call 630-483-5660 for information or to schedule an appointment.
||A - E
||F - M
||N - U
|| V - Z
CALLING ALL CAREGIVERS!
If you are assisting a loved one, friend, or neighbor with activities of daily living or financial matters, we would like to hear from you. Please consider taking our survey, available online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/supportforcaregivers
If you prefer, paper copies of the survey will be available at the Senior Center or by calling Amy Seul @ 630-483-5682.
Please note that all entitlement programs have specific eligibility requirements. Your Social Services Caseworker will be able to screen you for programs that you qualify for based on income and assets. Caseworkers assist clients in completing applications and providing information and referrals. Please visit the link to “You Gave, Now Save” for general information on entitlement programs.
"You Gave, Now Save" Booklet
- Generic Discount Programs
- Assistance with Medicare Advantage or Part D enrollment
- Pharmaceutical Patient Assistance Programs
STATE BENEFITS/PUBLIC AID PROGRAMS
Social Services partners with many agencies to offer Wellness programs on a monthly basis for our seniors. Listed below are programs that we offer and you can participate in:
- Caregivers Support Group, co-facilitated by Amy Seul and Catholic Charities, meets on the 4th Wednesday of every month 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM. New members always welcome.
- Caring for Your Memory Support group: This special group is designed for those who are concerned about early stage memory loss or have a diagnosis of dementia. This group meets on the Third Friday of each month at 10:30 am. Please call 630-483-5660 to be added to the Interest List and we will call to remind your each month.
- Take Charge of Your Health Programs - Chronic Disease Self-Management for all conditions or Diabetes-specific. Created by Stanford University, this program is offered twice annually.
- MoneySmart for Older Adults, designed by the FDIC and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, includes monthly modules on various topics.
- Monthly seminars in Nutrition, Senior Safety, Reverse Mortgages, Vision Loss and Much More!
The Social Services team would like to extend a very big THANK YOU to the Hanover Township community for the generous support of our 2014 Adopt-A-Senior program. Each participant received an individualized care package containing essential personal care and home supplies, as well as a few gift items. This program would not be possible without the generous support and donations from individuals, local businesses, other partnerships, and staff! THANK YOU SO MUCH! We wish you and your family a happy and healthy 2015!
All Social Services staff are trained Medicare Counselors through the Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) and can provide information or referrals on the following topics:
- Access to Care, County Care
- Affordable Care Act Health Exchange
- Medicare Supplement Plans
- Health Benefits for Workers with Disabilities
- Veterans Care
In addition to staff, a volunteer is also available twice per month to help with Medicare-related questions
Please keep in mind that staff members are not licensed to sell insurance in Illinois. Caseworkers provide unbiased, free information on various insurance options.
Are you confused by all the information regarding the Affordable Care Act? Take a look at this video that explains what the new health program means for you and the millions of residents without coverage.
ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
- LIHEAP/PIPP - Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- LIHEAP Furnace Program
- ComEd Hardship Program
SENIOR WILL PROGRAM
Hanover Township Senior Services is a site for the Senior Will Program that offers senior citizens one free, will-related consultation with a lawyer. If the senior wishes, the low-cost preparation of a Living Will and Durable Power of Healthcare and Property can be drafted. The program is sponsored by the Chicago Bar Association Referral Services. Participating lawyers are supplied by the Chicago Bar Association and have experience in Will preparation. The lawyer is available monthly by appointment. Please contact Social Services to schedule your appointment.
INFORMATION AND REFERRALS
Social Services can provide information, make referrals, and link services to Hanover Township seniors and their families. Listed below are a sample of the resources that your caseworkers can provide:
- Food pantries and meal programs
- Housing options, nursing homes, home health
- Counseling/Mental Health
- Case Management Services and MUCH more
SAGE FOR AGING
If you are caring for an older adult, please use the link below for helpful information and resources.
Click here for more information.
Latino Group and
Si usted necesita información en Español, por favor contacte a Diana Mondragon al (630) 213-6296.