The Social Services staff of the Department of Senior Services assists seniors and their caregivers with the following:
- Information and referrals
- Energy assistance for heating and cooling (LIHEAP, ComEd Hardship, weatherization, Furnace Program)
- Please click here for more information on the LIHEAP program
- Health insurance counseling (Access to Care, Medicaid, Medicare)
- Pharmaceutical assistance (Medicare Part D Enrollment, patient assistance programs)
- Public aid programs (Food Stamps/SNAP, SafeLink, Medicare Savings Program)
- General benefit screenings
Social Services Caseworkers assist clients, according to last name. Please call (630) 483-5660 for information or to schedule an appointment.
|Christina Taddeo||A, C-D, N-Z|
|Frances Domingo||B, E - M|
|Diana Gomez||Spanish speaking A-Z|
New Medicare Cards
Medicare will be issuing brand new Medicare cards with new ID numbers to every Medicare beneficiary beginning in April, 2018. Medicare anticipates the distribution will last one year and all beneficiaries will have their cards by April, 2019. Doctors are prepared to accept either card for the next year. It is important to remember that your new card will be mailed to you and that Medicare will NOT call you to verify your information (that is a scam!). Once you receive your new card, you can shred or destroy your current card.
Before Medicare begins to send these cards, make sure you are getting mail from Medicare. If not, they may have an old address on file. It is important to ensure Medicare has your current and accurate mailing address. You will need to notify the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213 to update your address or create an online account at socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.
New Medicare numbers will not include your Social Security number. This is an important step forward in protecting your information from scammers. If you have questions about a piece of mail or phone call you receive, please contact Social Services at 630-483-5660. For more information, please take a look at the links below:
Official Medicare press release on charge:
To view a Youtube video explaining the new Medicare Cards:
Received a Medicare card call? It may be a scam! Please read the article below:
Social Services partners with many agencies to offer Wellness programs on a monthly basis for our clients. Listed below are programs that we offer and you can participate in:
- Caregivers Support Group, co-facilitated by Frances Domingo and Catholic Charities, meets on the 4th Wednesday of every month 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM. New members always welcome. Please click here for information on our Monthly Support Group for Caregivers.
- Caring for Your Memory Support Group, facilitated by Frances Domingo: This special group is designed for those who are concerned about early stage memory loss or have a diagnosis of dementia. This group meets on the Third Friday of each month at 10:30 am. Please call (630) 483-5660 to be added to the Interest List and we will call to remind you each month.
- MoneySmart for Older Adults, designed by the FDIC and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, includes monthly modules on various topics.
- Monthly seminars in Nutrition, Senior Safety, Vision Loss and Much More!