The Social Services staff of the Department of Senior Services assists seniors and their caregivers with the following:
- Information and referrals
- Energy assistance for heating and cooling (LIHEAP, ComEd Hardship, weatherization)
- Please click here for more information on the LIHEAP program
- Health insurance counseling (Access to Care, Medicaid, Medicare)
- Pharmaceutical assistance (Medicare Part D Enrollment, patient assistance programs)
- Public aid programs (Food Stamps/SNAP, SafeLink, Medicare Savings Program)
- General benefit screenings
Social Services Caseworkers assist clients, according to last name. Please call (630) 483-5660 for information or to schedule an appointment.
|Megan Conway||C, D, V - Z|
|Frances Domingo||B, E - M|
|Diana Mondragon||A, N - U|
Social Services partners with many agencies to offer Wellness programs on a monthly basis for our clients. Listed below are programs that we offer and you can participate in:
- Caregivers Support Group, co-facilitated by Megan Conway and Catholic Charities, meets on the 4th Wednesday of every month 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM. New members always welcome. Please click here for information on our Monthly Support Group for Caregivers.
- Caring for Your Memory Support group: This special group is designed for those who are concerned about early stage memory loss or have a diagnosis of dementia. This group meets on the Third Friday of each month at 10:30 am. Please call (630) 483-5660 to be added to the Interest List and we will call to remind you each month.
- Take Charge of Your Health Programs - Chronic Disease Self-Management program for all conditions or Diabetes-specific. Created by Stanford University, this program is offered twice annually.
- MoneySmart for Older Adults, designed by the FDIC and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, includes monthly modules on various topics.
- Monthly seminars in Nutrition, Senior Safety, Vision Loss and Much More!
Calling All Caregivers!
If you are assisting a loved one, friend, or neighbor with activities of daily living or financial matters, we would like to hear from you. Please consider taking our survey, available online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/supportforcaregivers. If you prefer, paper copies of the survey will be available at the Senior Center or by calling Megan Conway at (630) 483-5660.
Thank you to our Corporate Sponsors. Please click on the logos for more information.