We promote active aging and offer you a wide variety of enticing options listed below. To receive our bi-monthly newsletter, Club 59, call (630) 483-5600.
- Trips to the theater, museums, restaurants, casinos
- Overnight adventures
- Art, ceramics, crafts
- Computer classes
- Exercise, Yoga, Tai Chi, Zumba Gold classes and more!
- Silver Belles Choral Group
- Cultural and Historical presentations
- Cards, knitting, Bingo, movies and much more!
Programs and Registration - Club 59 Newsletter
Senior Brain Games
Thursday, April 11
4:00 – 5:30 P.M. Donation: Free
Are you good at trivia and are able to recall random facts from a variety of subjects? The Senior Brain Games is our local trivia game at the Senior Center to qualify to participate in the Regional Games in June. The winning team of those Brain Games goes to the State competition to reign as the best trivia team in the “Land of Lincoln.” Please contact Program Specialist, Sarah Adelphia at (630) 483-5683; email@example.com, or complete this registration form to compete. We need 3 teams to play with 4 participants on each team (3 plus 1 alternate).
March & April 2019 Visual Arts
Sensations of Lyon and Provence River Cruise - May 12-23, 2020 * Presentation - March 5th - 2:00 P.M. Please Register
Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Mount Rushmore - July 23-31, 2020 * Presentation - March 5th - 2:00 P.M. Please Register
Senior Services Committee
- An advisory committee to the Hanover Township Supervisor & Board of Trustees
- Meetings are held the second Monday of the month at 1:00 PM in the Senior Center.
Top from left: Larry Bretz,Thomas Lathara, Alice Shorey, Lynn Nelles (Treasurer), Carla Fruhauf (Secretary)
Bottom: Naomi Lenoci (Chairperson), Walter Gramiak (Vice Chairperson)
Through a cooperative effort between Poplar Creek Public Library and Hanover Township, large print books are conveniently located for free check-out in the Senior Center. Please contact the Senior Services front desk at (630) 483-5600 for more information.
Ye Olde Gift Shoppe
- Open during Senior Center hours
- Operated by volunteers
- Unique gifts / collectibles priced attractively
- Fund raising efforts support our services
- New and gently used donations accepted