The Office of Community Health does NOT accept any type of medication for disposal.
Many medication collection programs have restrictions regarding what can be disposed of. Restrictions may include syringes and sharps, liquids, aerosols, hydrogen peroxide, thermometers and medical waste from business. If there are any questions, please call the location for clarification. Below is a list of medication drop off programs in our area:
- Walgreens has a safe medication disposal kiosk program in Illinois, with the installation of drug take-back kiosks at 45 Walgreens drugstores in Illinois. For details about this program, click here to read the full press release.
Some area municipalities offer programs with limited hours and may require residency. Please call the numbers listed below for additional information:
- Bartlett Police Department, 228 S. Main St., Bartlett, IL 60103 - (630)837-0800
- Elgin Police Department, 151 Douglas St., Elgin IL 60120 - (847)289-2700
- Hanover Park Police Department, 2121 W. Lake St., Hanover Park, IL 60133 - (630)372-4400
- Streamwood Fire Department, 1095 E. Schaumburg Rd., Streamwood, IL 60107 - (630)736-3650
For more information please contact the Food and Drug Administration by phone: (855) 543-3784 or (301) 796-3400 and e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org