Hanover Township Open Gym Underway!
Youth participate in a combination of team building activities, recreation, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) projects, and fun arts and crafts activities. Youth can also receive homework help. Open Gym is designed to give youth a safe, fun, and positive place to go that allows youth to make new friends and showcase their skills.
The Open Gym schedule for the upcoming school year:
• Mondays (starting September 24) 2:00PM – 6:00PM at Oakhill Elementary, 502 Oltendorf Road, Streamwood.
• Mondays (starting October 15) 2:30PM – 6:00PM at Sunnydale Elementary, 716 Sunnydale Blvd., Streamwood.
• Tuesdays (starting September 25) 2:30PM – 6:00PM at Bartlett Elementary, 111 North Avenue, Bartlett.
• Tuesdays (starting October 9) 2:30PM – 6:00PM at Ontarioville Elementary, 2100 Elm Avenue, Hanover Park.
• Wednesdays (starting October 3), 2:30PM – 6:00PM at Timber Trails, 1675 McDunough Road in Hoffman Estates. (page 2 of 2)
• Wednesdays (starting October 10) 2:00PM – 6:00PM at Hilltop Elementary, 1855 Rohrssen Road, Elgin.
• Thursdays (starting September 27) 3:20PM – 6:00PM at Tefft Middle School, 1100 Shirley Avenue, Streamwood.
• Fridays (starting September 28) 2:30PM – 6:00PM at Parkwood Elementary, 2150 Laurel Avenue, Hanover Park.
• Fridays (starting October 12) 2:00PM – 6:00PM at Laurel Hill Elementary, 1750 Laurel Avenue, Hanover Park
Last year, 1,110 Township youth participated in the Open Gym program.
There is no charge for this program; Hanover Township residency is required. Registration is also required – applications are available at the main office at participating schools. For more information or to inquire about volunteering, please contact Hanover Township Youth and Family Services at (630) 483-5799.