Show/Hide

Important Updates:

Summer Open Gym is underway! Click here for a full schedule.

Heritage Marker Program

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Hanover Township Heritage Marker program began in April of 2011 to recognize and promote the many historic locations in Hanover Township. 

See a list of the current Heritage Markers below and click on the marker name for more information.

Do you have an idea for a Heritage Marker in Hanover Township? Please send us an email to iwcr@hanover-township.org or give us a call at 847-888-8329.

DEDICATED: May 26, 2017

In 1874, Bartlett School opened its doors for community youth, one year after the village’s establishment in 1873.

Originally serving grades 1-10, Bartlett School was the only school in the village until 1970. The school was also the hub of village activities and functioned as a community-gathering place for civic organizations, war efforts, Girl and Boy Scout Troops and community plays and events.

The school was first located above a general store, before its move to the south west corner of North and Hickory Avenues. In 1929, that structure was razed and the school moved to its current location where it continues to serve students of Hanover Township and the Village of Bartlett in grades K – 6.

Return to full list >>